- Kosher salt
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 summer squash, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat for the spaghetti.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine the squashes, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and oregano in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and give it all a good toss. Dump that out onto a baking sheet and roast for 10 to 12 minutes, until the squash is tender and caramelized. Scrape the vegetables into a large pasta bowl and cover with a plate to keep everything warm.
The pasta water should be boiling by now. Add the spaghetti and stir to separate the strands. Cook for 8 to 9 minutes, until al dente.