4 slices prosciutto (about 2 oz), thinly sliced
10 sage leaves
2/3 cup roasted red peppers (or pimientos), finely chopped
8 oz fettuccine pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 oz fresh pre-sliced mushrooms
2 cups fully cooked chicken strips (9-12 oz)
1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup Alfredo sauce
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan/Romano cheese blend
- Bring water to a boil for pasta.
- Cut across prosciutto to form thin strips.
- Cut sage leaves into thin strips (3 tablespoons).
- Chop red peppers.
- Cook pasta following package instructions.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add mushrooms; cook 2–3 minutes or until browned. Add chopped red peppers and chicken strips; cook 1–2 minutes to heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in broth and Alfredo sauce; simmer 3–4 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Stir in pasta, prosciutto, sage, and pepper. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.