- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast (6 ounces each)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A handful of pine nuts or sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO, a turn of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. When the EVOO smokes, add the chicken to the pan and cook for 6 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil.
Reduce the heat under the pan to medium and add the remaning tablespoon EVOO, a turn of the pan. Add the shallots, garlic and rosemary to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the honey, then stir in the Dijon mustard and lemon juice. Add the chicken back to the pan and coat on all sides with the bubbling glaze. Turn off the heat.Garnish with toasted nuts, if using. Serve with bitter greens salad or wilted spinach and Rice Pilaf.