- 1/2 cup(s) (about 2 ounces) ham, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) (about 2 ounces) diced taleggio or fontina cheese
- 4 (6 ounces each) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup(s) Italian panko breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine ham and cheese.
- Cut a deep pocket into the thickest side of each chicken breast. Stuff each breast with ham and cheese. Close back up with wooden toothpicks.
- On a plate, mix flour with 1/4 teaspoon each Kosher salt and pepper. In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Place breadcrumbs on another plate. Coat chicken in flour mixture, then eggs, then breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 4 tablespoons canola oil over medium heat. Cook chicken, turning with tongs, until brown all over, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.