Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Crockpot Lemon Herb Chicken
This recipe was adapted from the Chic Site.
The original recipe instructs you to cook in one pot. On Monday's I can't do that so in the crockpot it went and honestly it was a huge hit with the family and super yummy.
1 package of frozen chicken breasts
3 cups of chicken broth
1-2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
salt and pepper
1. Spray your crockpot with cooking spray. Pour one cup of chicken broth in the crockpot, then place chicken in pot.
2. Juice one lemon and pour over chicken.
3. Sprinkle italian seasoning, salt and pepper over chicken.
4. Slice one lemon and layer chicken.
5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
6. Cook your rice according to the instructions, however use chicken broth instead of water. Depending on how much rice you are making you may want to check on the amount of chicken broth you have.
7. To serve place chicken over rice. Pour remainder juice from crockpot over chicken. This will help keep it moist. Hate that word. Sorry. I served this with steamed broccoli.