- 4 1/2 cups Homemade Baking Mix
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or raw sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
Homemade Baking Mix
- 10 cups flour (I used freshly-ground whole-wheat. Doreen suggested doing half white and half whole-wheat.)
- 8 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar or turbinado
- 2 1/4 cup coconut oil or shortening
Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Cut in shortening or cold coconut oil until you have fine crumbs. Store in a tightly covered container in a cool place (if you use freshly-ground flour, store in the freezer). Use in place of Bisquick.
Glaze (I made a little extra since we like lots of glaze around here!)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
Combine Baking Mix and milk. Turn onto a well-floured surface and knead at least ten times (the dough will be sticky). Roll dough out into a rectangle.
Melt butter and brush over rolled out dough. Mix together cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over melted butter. Roll up and cut into 12 rolls.
Place in a greased baking pan and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Mix glaze ingredients together and drizzle over Cinnamon Roll Biscuits as soon as they come out of the oven. Serve warm.