Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Brazilian Chicken


I received this recipe from a friend a long time ago. I haven't made it in awhile. Actually, I forgot about it! This makes your house smell so good and it's so yummy! I will make this more often. I was nervous the kids wouldn't like it because of the chili sauce but they devoured this meal.
I served this over rice and with a side salad.

Ingredients:

1 large onion, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 - lbs chicken breast, cubed
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 - 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
1 - 12 oz jar of chili sauce
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
3 Tbsp vinegar
3 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp water

Optional:
2 green onions, chopped
2 limes, sliced
2 avocados diced

Instructions:
Saute onion in 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil. In another pan brown chicken with 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil. 
Once chicken is browned. Combine onions and all ingredients (except the last three ingredients) and simmer for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
Serve over rice. If you like you can top with green onions, limes and avocados.


No comments: