Made this last night and it was yummy! Great meal on a rainy day.
This recipe was adapted from Shutterbean.com
- 1 8×12 inch slab herbed foccacia or any panini bread
- 5-6 tablespoons fresh pesto
- 8 slices roasted turkey breast
- 1 8oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 4 oz. pepperjack cheese (about 3-4 slices)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Heat panini press to HIGH. I used a George Forman grill, it works just as well. Slice bread in half. Spread half of pesto on each side. Top one side with 4 slices of turkey followed by a layer of thinly sliced red peppers, pepperjack cheese and a final layer of 4 slices of turkey. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Top the sandwich with the other piece of bread and brush both sides of sandwich with olive oil. I didn't do the olive oil since I was spraying the grill with cooking spray. Place sandwich in panini press and grill for 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts & starts sizzling. Or spray Forman with cooking spray and grill for 8-10 minutes. Cut into 4-6 pieces and serve.