- 1 pound penne (or other small pasta)
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (10-ounce) cans green chili enchilada sauce
- 2/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- sour cream, tomatoes, avocado, green onions (optional, for serving)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside (if it’s finished before the sauce).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic, chili powder, and cumin; cook for only a minute, until fragrant. Stir in all of the enchilada sauce. Bring to a simmer; allow to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Once the pasta is done, add it to the sauce and toss to combine. Serve with sour cream, tomatoes, avocado, green onions, or whatever toppings you’d like.