Thanks for sharing Brenna! I can't wait to try this. :)
- 1 pound penne
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), 2 turns of the pan
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup soft sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ to ¾ cup dry red wine
- One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup heavy cream (eyeball it)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup arugula, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn or shredded (about 20 leaves)
- Grated Asiago cheese, to pass around the table
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is working, heat the EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, in a large, deep skillet over medium heat; add the garlic, onion and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the wine and reduce for 1 minute, then stir in the crushed tomatoes. When the tomatoes are heated through, reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the cream. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the tomato sauce until coated. Transfer the pasta to a platter or to individual shallow bowls and top with mounds of the arugula and basil. Pass around the cheese at the table.