Thanks Heidi for sharing. This looks so good and I can't wait to try this. Our family LOVES bruschetta!
- 3 firm Roma tomatoes, finely diced (about 1 1/2 C.)
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh basil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 9-10 slices ciabatta bread (or Italian bread)
- 1 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese
- Pinch dried parsley flakes
Toss diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and salt in a medium bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour. When you are ready to serve the dish, preheat oven to 450F. Combine parmesan cheese with dried parsley in a small bowl. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet. Sprinkle a couple pinches of the parmesan cheese mixture over each bread slice. Bake for 5 minutes or until bread is starting to crisp. Pour tomato mixture into a serving dish, and serve alongside the toasted bread slices.