Sunday, February 27, 2011

French Toast Roll Ups

Another great recipe from my mom! If any of these recipes are good, it is b/c they are from my mom. The best cook ever! ;) Jeremy loves these for breakfast.

1 - 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1 cup sugar, divided
24 slices, white sandwich bread
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
3 Tbs butter, melted

Beat cream cheese, egg yolk and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth; set aside.

Cut crust off each slice of bread. Roll out each slice, with rolling pin. Spread the cheese mixture evenly on bread. I use a heaping serving spoon of cheese mixture, on each slice. Roll up each slice, jelly roll style (see pic) and place seam side down on baking sheet.

In a shallow dish, mix the remaining 3/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Brush the butter over the roll-ups, then roll them in the cinnamon/sugar mixture until completely covered.

Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours or up to two months. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake 10-12 min.

I store these in a gallon freezer bag and write the baking instructions on the bag for Jer. ;)

Jelly Roll Style



Ready to freeze!

2 comments:

Aimee Mulligan said...

I just made these and stuck them in the freezer...ok they look awesome and I can tell you the cream cheese filling is delicious bc I ate the left over filling :-) I am going to TRY to just eat one each morning with a yogurt. I know Isaac will love these! Thanks girl!

Jenn Mair said...

You are welcome, I glad you love it. They are so easy to make!